by Ben Taylor
(UtopiaSilver.com) Advanced Colloidal Silver, taken according to our suggestions, contains less than one third the amount of silver referenced as safe to be taken every day by the EPA (350 micrograms) in their drinking water standards. Utopia Silver Supplement’s suggested daily maintenance serving contains approximately 100 micrograms of silver. That equates to approximately three and one half teaspoons of our Advanced Colloidal Silver. Asking, “are colloidal silver products safe?” really depends on what kind of silver products you’re asking about and what you mean by “safe”.
Silver is one of the minerals for which there is no known toxicity level as far as causing health failure or death. The worst that happens is the skin discoloration, Argyria and even that is only by certain silver products consumed far in excess of even therapeutic levels. Although gelatinous/protein, saline, and/or nitrate based silver products can cause Argyria with overuse, no death has ever been documented as being caused by any silver or gold supplement. Our Advanced Colloidal Silver is not a gelatinous based product; it is simply mineral and de-ionized water. We have sworn testimony from a forensic toxicologist that there is no known toxic level that has been established for silver or gold.
Silver is one of the few substances that has a reference dose not based on an adverse health effect and for which the EPA removed the maximum silver contaminate level for drinking water. This action was obviously driven by the recognized low or non-toxicity associated with this mineral. As far as any claimed toxicity is concerned, drinking water is allowed to have three and one half times as much silver for an average daily consumption as a serving of Advanced Colloidal Silver provides. If it is safe to drink from the public water supplies of America containing naturally occurring silver, it is perfectly safe to use this dietary supplement, even up to three and one half times the suggested serving for any purpose you choose.
You may ask: How can such a small amount of silver have a positive effect within the body? The secret is in the infinitesimal size of the silver particles. A million of these silver particles could sit side by side on a cross section of human hair. The reason it works so well is that such a large percentage of the surface area of silver atoms are exposed to the body’s fluid environment, allowing these tiny particles to penetrate even the deepest tissues of the body and thereby supporting the immune system. These silver nano-particles are smaller than any blood cell, bacteria, fungus spore, or even virus. This is the key to the effectiveness of Advanced Colloidal Silver and the primary reason a 20 ppm silver product is all that is required to do the job.
One possibility to be aware of is that a very small percentage of people do have allergies to various metals and if you cannot wear silver or gold jewelry because of an allergy, it may be best not to supplement with them either.
There are many essential minerals without which we cannot survive that are also acutely toxic in excess. we can’t live without iron, but too much can cause liver damage and death. Without zinc our immune systems are severely compromised, but zinc toxicity can cause severe sickness. The same goes for most essential minerals, chromium, vanadium, selenium, calcium, iodine, etc.. All of these are essential to good health, but can can be toxic in overly high levels. Anything can be abused or misused. An aspirin or two may relieve a headache, but a bottle of aspirin taken at one time can cause death. Most over-the-counter pain medications cause thousands of deaths and thousands of damaged organs each year. Patented antibiotics also cause thousands of deaths each year. Over-consumption of drinking water in a short time span kills a number of people each year by severely diluting the electrolytes or rupturing the stomach, and of course drowning deaths also occur, …but should any of these be what defines our use of water?