(7) Magnesium may be the important mineral in the body and is considered by many as “The Miracle Mineral”. There are three different forms that our Naturopathic Doctor consultant believes are the most beneficial of all forms.
Membrane Complex. This is a Magnesium, Calcium, and Potassium complex in an Amino Ethanol Phosphate form which provides the most absorbable source for these essential minerals. This form is the best at crossing the cell wall membranes between intracellular and extracellular enhancing optimal hydration and absorption of these essential minerals. Deficiencies of Magnesium and Calcium are often the root cause of heart angina and arrhythmias. Calcium is required for muscles (including the heart) to contract and Magnesium is essential for muscles to relax. An imbalance or deficiency of any three of these can severely interfere with normal heart function. For example, it is well known that muscle cramps elsewhere in the body are often caused by such deficiencies …and after all the heart is a muscle too. If you are having muscle cramps in the legs, this is a signal that you may be depleted in these minerals and under stress conditions your heart could be the next muscle to cramp causing angina or heart attack.Magnesium Orotate. Although not as efficient at crossing the cell walls as the AEP form, it has been found to aid in the retention of Magnesium within the cells throughout the body reducing excessive depletion.
Magnesium Taurate. This third form of Magnesium is attached to an Amino Acid and enhances absorption in the Brain and in muscles that are being regularly ‘stressed’ with exercise. Anyone working to build muscle will especially benefit from this form of Magnesium.
(8) Vitamin D3 (at least 5000 IUs per day) is an essential co-factor in Magnesium and Calcium utilization.
(9) Iodine is another of the most basic minerals which can affect heart rhythm and acute iodine deficiency is very prevalent in modern cultures. 2-10 drops per day may be used for ‘loading’ purposes in the case of iodine depletion. Iodine is not only essential for proper heart rhythm, but is also critical for normal thyroid function.
(10) Colloidal Silver Research in recent years has show that the origins of some heart health issues is infectious bacteria, such as H. pylori, which are associated with stomach ulcers. Chlamydia pneumonia found in cases of pneumonia may also be another bacterial source of heart damage. For maintenance purposes colloidal silver consumption can be from 1-4 teaspoons daily and for therapeutic use from 1-3 oz. daily for 2-4 weeks. There is no rule of thumb that fits everyone and it may be helpful to read A Layman’s Guide to Using Colloidal Silver.
(11) Zinc Balance contains both zinc and copper and are essential immune system stimulant. Take between 30mg (2 capsules) up to 60 mg (4 capsules) per day for 2-4 weeks and then reduce to 15-30 mg every 2 days for maintenance, but never exceed 100 mg per day for any length of time.
(12) Selenium is one of the most vital and potent antioxidants for protecting and healing the heart. Its deficiency has been specifically linked to heart disease. Take at least 200 mcg daily and up to 600 mcg per day for a limited period (2-4 weeks) and then reduce to 200 mcg per day for continuing maintenance.
(13) Liposomal Vitamin C (or Vitamin C capsules) taken with L-Lysine Orotate and Vitamin D3 can be extremely important vitamins in the regulation of blood pressure (along with Magnesium) and reducing arterial plaque (along with Enzymes). Dr. Linus Pauling was a vocal proponent of these supplements in improving cardiovascular health. He recommended using about 3000 mg per day of Vitamin C and 1500 mg of L-lysine. Vitamin C Test Strips are available to determine adequate levels of this essential supplement.
Other supplement suggestions well worth consideration:
(14) Hawthorn Berry Heart Syrup is the best heart supplement complex to increase blood flow and lower blood pressure, both as a maintenance supplement taken daily (1/2 teaspoon 3 times) as well as an emergency supplement (1-3 ounces at one time until one can get to emergency facilities).
(15) Omega Oils and essential fatty acids are also necessary for the proper functioning of the heart by aiding in the prevention of hardening of the arteries. Take up to 3 tablespoons per day for 2-4 weeks and reduce to 1-2 tbsp for maintenance afterwards.
(16) CoQ10 increases oxygenation of heart muscle tissue and may help prevent second heart attacks. (50-100mg daily)
(17) Alpha Lipoic Acid is an anti-oxidant that lowers LDL cholesterol levels in the blood.
(18) Grape Seed Extract is a powerful antioxidant that reduces the clotting tendencies of the blood. Notice: If you are taking anti-clotting medicines, it may be best not to take this supplement.
(19) IP-6 and Inositol is also known to protect the heart by preventing clots and reducing cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Notice: If you are taking anti-clotting medicines, it may be best not to take this supplement.
(20) Chromium GTF is very beneficial in that it has been shown to raise the HDL cholesterol levels in the blood.
(21) Healthy pH Protocol Regardless of any other protocols or supplements being used, we recommend doing this pH Protocol at the same time. It may greatly enhance your healing process.
Notice: This writer has no formal training in any field of healthcare, but I have been interested from childhood in natural healing because of my grandmother’s knowledge. She was trained by pioneer experience, as well as the passing down from both her pioneer and ‘original native’ American families of certain naturopathic healing practices. I am simply following in her footsteps in this interest. I consult regularly on many topics of natural healing and healthcare with close friends who are Doctors of Naturopathy as well as Medical Doctors as well as others who are well practiced natural healing researchers. All information and suggestions on natural healing, whether personal or in the conducting of my livelihood, are passed on to you as an exercise of my God-given Right of speech and opinion.
Should you wish to do a health consultation with Dr. Ken via telephone concerning a specific health issue, please place your order of either 1 or 2 hours below and he will schedule a call with you within 24 hours. Click to view consultation options.
Notice: If you have a life or health threatening illness we suggest that you consult a healthcare professional who can become familiar with your health situation, preferably a qualified naturopathic doctor or one who has been trained in integrative medicine. We also encourage you to diligently research any information on our websites or in our newsletters to decide if you are in agreement with the opinions offered. All decisions made in the use of supplements is the sole responsibility of each individual.
All information offered herein is strictly opinion and is presented as an exercise of the God-given unalienable Right of free speech, as well as the right to help others, set forth in part by The Herbalist’ s Charter.