1. Soak in a mild bleach solution, but be sure all bleach is washed out afterwards;
2. Rinse in boiling water;
3. Hang dry in sunshine;
4. Steam iron.
5. Wear skirts and avoid tight pants. Wearing skirts is essential when trying to heal a yeast infection and whenever possible is the best way to avoid new infections. Tight pants, especially of a synthetic material, can create an environment that is conducive for yeast growth. Limit your tight pants or jean wearing to short periods of time or special occasions until fully rid of an infection.
1. Avoid sex. It is best to refrain from any sexual contact until both partners are treated and the yeast infection cured completely, otherwise it will be passed back and forth. This is most often the reason for repetitive yeast infections.
2. Toilet. The intestinal tract is a perfect environment where yeast thrives. Be sure to clean from front to back (away from the genitals) to avoid infecting yourself. Whenever possible, wash or shower after having bowel movements, especially when trying to clear up an infection.
3. Bathe instead of showering. Bathing without soap may also help to eradicate some of the yeast in the vaginal area. Avoid using soap in this area, because it may sometimes make a yeast infection worse by killing off beneficial bacteria that balance out the amounts of yeast around the vagina. Sprinkle a cup of sea salt (do not use table salt) in a tub of warm water, stir the water around until the salt dissolves, and then soak for up to an hour. You can do this every day, as long as it helps relieve itching and pain. The saltwater soak also speeds up healing.
4. Dry thoroughly after bathing and swimming. Make sure to dry the genital area very well after bathing or swimming as the moisture left in the pubic hair can encourage the growth of yeast.
5. Condoms may reduce yeast infections. Condoms are no promise from infection, but may reduce the spread back and forth between partners. If using a cervical birth control device, it needs to be sterilized. After washing, spray the device with colloidal silver.
6. Birth control pills linked to yeast infections. The long term use of birth control pills has been shown to be a possible cause of yeast infections. You might consider speaking to your health care professional about using a natural method or changing brands of birth control. Always use a product that has been on the market at least 7 years. New products simply do not have enough history to determine if they are safe or not.
7. Avoid using any chemicals or artificial fragrances. Allergic reactions can sometimes trigger a yeast infection. Avoid the use of any products that contain chemicals or artificial scents/fragrances. Douches, bubble baths, scented tampons, artificially perfumed soaps and feminine deodorant sprays can cause a flare up of yeast infections. A good rule of thumb, if it smells good and is not an essential oil (natural oil), it is most likely treated with scents or chemicals that can irritate, thus potentially causing infections.
8. Do not use sanitary napkins. Using tampons instead of sanitary napkins during your menstrual cycle will help to maintain better air flow to allow the vaginal area to breathe.
9. Douching. If you experience reoccurring yeast infections and have difficulty getting rid of them, douching may help. For three days in a row, once or twice (morning and night) a day, mix one or more of the following in one quart of distilled water for a douche. Use one on the first day and if it doesn’t seem to give some relief, try a different one on the second day to determine which works best for you. On the third day, always use a yogurt douche to replenish the beneficial bacteria.
• 1 ounce of Colloidal Silver in distilled water only. (Do not use tap water.) Silver kills yeast on contact and is soothing and conducive to tissue healing. Silver crèmes and bandage products are used in burn wards, where they not only protect from infection, but aid in the regeneration of tissue.
• 2-4 tablespoons of Sea Salt in slightly warm distilled water for easier dissolving. Yeast does not like a salty environment and salt, especially with natural mineral content promotes healing.
• 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar. This slightly acidic solution creates an environment that’s unwelcome to the yeast.
• 1 part 3% hydrogen peroxide in 3 parts distilled water. Also creates an unwelcome environment for yeast growth, but be cautious as it may be more painful than silver or sea salt.
• 1/4 teaspoon of Texas juniper or tea tree oil in slightly warm water to better disperse the oil. Both of these are good anti-fungal oils, but be caution in mixing too strong, as they can feel irritating on inflamed tissue.
Regardless of which of the mixtures above you used on previous days, on the third day mix 3-4 tablespoons of live culture yogurt in one quart of distilled water and douche twice (morning and night).
You should restrict a douching protocol to 3 days and use it only when you have a yeast infection. Regular douching when you are not infected is not recommended as there are natural body fluids and even bacteria which are essential to healthy vaginal tissue. If you have doing the whole protocol as best as possible, especially the Hygiene and Diet/Nutritional Supplementation, you may want to try the douche protocol again in 14 days.
10. Healthy pH Protocol Regardless of any other protocols or supplements being used, we recommend doing this pH Protocol at the same time. It may greatly enhance your healing process. (See protocol below.)
C. Diet/Nutritional Supplementation.
1. Live culture yogurt and Probiotics. To maintain the delicate balance of beneficial bacteria/flora to yeast in the body, consume live culture yogurt containing L. Acidophilus (non-pasteurized) daily to help prevent yeast infections. L. Acidophilus is also available in broad spectrum Probiotics.
2. Avoid sugars, processed flour, and alcohol. Yeast infections can often be reduced by 90% by eliminating or reducing your sugar intake. Alcohol can also cause an increase in yeast since it is composed of fermented sugar.
3. Garlic. Eat a clove or two of garlic each day. Garlic has been used for millennia to combat everything from colds to intestinal infections. Its antifungal action makes it useful against yeast infections. It’s most effective if crushed and eaten raw, but if you don’t relish the idea of eating raw garlic, chop it up and sprinkle it on salads, or stir it into pasta sauce.
4. Colloidal Silver. Colloidal Silver may be the most effective product when used both as a douche and orally in larger quantities for a short period of time. Do not use orally with Probiotics at the same time as it will kill the probiotics. Separate the use by a couple of hours. More Info on using colloidal silver. This is an oral medication that can be taken to combat Systematic Candida, which is a condition of having yeast widespread throughout the entire body. It can be internal or external and is not limited to only the vaginal area. Colloidal Silver has been used very effectively along with Probiotics to heal from this issue.
5. Boosting the immune system. A healthy immune system is less likely to allow a yeast infection since yeast infections are caused from an imbalance in the body. A good multi-vitamin & mineral formula with plant minerals, exercise, proper diet, avoiding sugars and alcohol, and stopping smoking can boost the immune system and help reduce yeast infections.
6. Take Selenium (an anti-fungal) every day (2-3 morning & night) for this same 30 day period.
7. Take Enzymes every day (3-5 morning & night) for this same 30 day period. This breaks down the yeast outer wall enabling it to be more readily killed by the silver and oxygen.
8. Whole Body and liver cleanses. It is always advisable to do a body, colon, and liver cleanse anytime one is experiencing health problems and infections. Infections cause a build up of toxins in the body’s cells, colon, and especially the liver which is the filter for the blood.
9. Avoid pharmaceutical anti-biotics and steroids. Probably the number one cause of yeast infections is the use of pharmaceutical anti-biotics which often kill off the bacteria that keeps yeast in check, allowing the yeast population to explode. It is better to use a natural anti-biotic alternative such as colloidal silver rather than pharmaceutical anti-biotics. Because antibiotics and steroids can alter the body’s internal balance, they should be avoided except in emergencies.
10. Health test for underlying problems. Recurring yeast infections can be the sign of other health problems and conditions. If you are experiencing a lot of yeast infections and you know you aren’t passing it to and from your partner, speak to your health care professional about a health test. A hair analysis is one of the more economical health tests that will not only pinpoint various conditions, but also allow you to target problem areas with the proper minerals.
D. Healthy pH Protocol Regardless of any other protocols or supplements being used, we recommend doing this pH Protocol at the same time. It may greatly enhance your healing process.
Yeast and other one-celled organisms tend not to proliferate as well in a more alkaline environment, so it may be helpful to adjust and then monitor your body pH. Perform a pH urine test (a saliva test is often inaccurate) first thing in the morning after waking up for three days to get a normal average. A neutral pH is considered about 7.0; acidic is below that and alkaline is above that. In most cases people with health issues tend to be more acidic. If you test in the acidic range, then add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda, not baking powders) to 6-8 ounces of water and drink it once a day for 3 days. Check your pH level again, if it has not increased to a level near 7.4, continue the protocol for another 3-4 days. This should adjust your body toward a more alkaline pH which is a much less friendly environment within which pathogens, tumors, cancers, and other diseases can flourish. This is not a long-term cure for acidosis caused by a bad diet; it is better to eat adequate organic green vegetables and fruits to ‘naturally’ maintain a proper pH. But this baking soda protocol can help you in the short-term to boost your pH and your immune system while utilizing other elements of this Immune Booster Protocol. The body responds with better health to a pH shading toward the more alkaline, in the 7.4 range. If you are dealing with health issues continue to monitor and adjust the body pH with diet and if need be baking soda.
CAUTION: Becoming too alkaline for too long can also have negative health consequences. If one suspects or has been diagnosed with cancer or a tumor, a pH of 8.0 or higher for a few days can actually trigger rapid tumor breakdown called Tumor Lysis Syndrome. This condition can result in a major organ shutdown (liver and/or kidneys) or other complications such as perforated bowels if the abnormal cell condition is in the colon. It is better to slowly reverse the condition so that the body is able to heal and regenerate normal tissue the same rate at which the abnormal tissue is being destroyed. (Note: Do not take Sodium Bicarbonate with meals or close to mealtimes as it reduces the acidity of the stomach acid needed for proper digestion.)
The bottom line for both men and women is to pay special attention to your body and its overall health, which is greatly determined by a proper diet and nutrition. For women, it is important to notice what happens right before your menstrual cycle and in times of stress. You will be most susceptible to a yeast infection the week before your menstrual cycle and also during pregnancy as these are the times when your body becomes unbalanced by hormonal changes. Following the steps in this protocol will encourage a healthy body and help to maintain a good balance between too much and not enough yeast. It should also give you some tools to not only heal from current yeast infections, but to prevent future infections.
Should you wish to do a health consultation with Dr. Ken via telephone concerning a specific health issue, please place your order of either 1 or 2 hours below and he will schedule a call with you within 24 hours. Click to view consultation options.
Notice: If you have a life or health threatening illness we suggest that you consult a healthcare professional who can become familiar with your health situation, preferably a qualified naturopathic doctor or one who has been trained in integrative medicine. We also encourage you to diligently research any information on our websites or in our newsletters to decide if you are in agreement with the opinions offered. All decisions made in the use of supplements is the sole responsibility of each individual.
All information offered herein is strictly opinion and is presented as an exercise of the God-given unalienable Right of free speech, as well as the right to help others, set forth in part by The Herbalist’ s Charter.